rocky road fudge
(adapted from William Sonoma - Sweet Treats)
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallow
2 cups coarsely chopped walnut
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use less than 3/4 can)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line an 8" square baking pan with the aluminum foil, gently pressing the foil into the corners and letting the foil hang over the sides.
2. Soak a paper towel with the vegetable oil and use it to rub over the foil.
3. Set aside 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
4. Put the chocolate chips and condensed milk in to the bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir with the spatula until all chocalte are melted. (Since I don't have a microwave, I use double-boil method.
5. Then gently stir in the vanilla extract, marshmallows and walnuts in to the chocolate mixture.
6. Then pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth it out evenly and smooth the top.
7. Sprinkle the fudge with the reserved walnuts and marshmallows and gently pressed them into the surface.
8. Cover the pans with the cling wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minuted.
9. Lift the foil to remove the fudge from the pan and peel away the foil. Cut the fudge into 16 pieces.