Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jammy Doughnut Muffins and many more...

Tonite I was inspired to bake something for my son. Me, being a working mum often end up buying take-away food. SoI was determine to bake something for his breakfast before he goes to school. Did the mixing with the assistance from my little hero. 5 minuted after the first tray when into the oven, he's already knock-out...qiqiqiqi..

Of course, I would search for the easiest recipe...and this recipe is easy as you can get. I followed all the steps but it didn't end-up like in the picture. Not sure what when wrong, maybe I over-mixed it. Its not too sweet at all, the jam gives the sweetness and quite filling as well. Great for breakfast. Something different than your usual coco crunch or roti & planta.

You can get the recipe from here.

Here's my bake for tonite. Enjoy!


-----------------

Then on the next day, I bake this.hummingbid cake with cream cheese. Meant to be my belated birthday cake....yeaa...I bake my own b'day cake. Wanted to try something different..not the usual chocolate cake or cheese cake or even cupcake. Thought this would be nice for a change..besides it a healthy cake anyway...with banana, pineapple, nuts and cheese.

I thought the cake would be like a cake..but it turn out to be a bit dense. Not sure how this cake should be since I've never eaten a hummingbird cake. Actually, its nice..for a change...minus the sweet cream cheese frosting...nice to be eaten while drinking with a black coffee or tea without sugar..I brought to the office since its a nice 9' cake with me enthusiastically eating it. Thought my guinea pigs (hehehe...my office mate) wouldnt be interested but I was wrong...they manage to polish off. Maybe its different than the usual cake.



Can't find the recipe...will post it later or you can just google it.
------------------------

These were suppose to be uploaded last week but got delayed from house cleaning, washing etc etc...

Here's my take for tonite. Cupcake order by my colleague for his son's first b'day. Left the design tp me. Wanted to try my hand at using fondant...so this is what i did...my first ever bees and ladybird....if you didnt know what is it suppose to be...yeaaa I know its a bit tiny...next time I'll have to make it bigger..

1 set is a choc cupcake and the other set is orange cupcake..and both covered with buttercream.







No comments:

Post a Comment